How do I Select the Proper Size Harness?
- Measure the circumference around your dog's neck as if measuring for a collar. Please make sure that you can comfortably fit a couple of fingers under the tape measure. The harness is meant to fit a little loose so as not to restrict breathing or movement. Reference the chart below to see which size will best fit your dog's neck.
- Measure the circumference of the widest part of the ribcage behind the front legs. Go to the chart below and see if the size you chose in the neck measurement fits the belly length range.
- Measure the undercarriage length from the pro sternum to the xiphoid process. This can also be described as measuring from just above the chest bone to the approximate belly button position. Reference the chart below to see if your dog's undercarriage length is within the range listed for the size harness chosen during the neck measurement.
FunRun Vario Sizing Chart
- When fitting your new harness for the first time, be patient and praise your dog for allowing the harness to be placed on them. Some dogs may be apprehensive at first with placing the harness over their head. In order to acclimate them, praise and reward your dog lavishly for putting their head through the neck opening. Some dogs may not move, or may walk funny at first. Do not be concerned, as this will quickly pass.
Watch this video to find out how to tie the ends of the harness so they don’t flop :
Harness Care Instructions
- It is recommended that all harnesses be hand washed in cool water using mild soap.
- If using a washing machine, place harness in a mesh bag and use the gentle cycle with mild soap.
- Spot cleaning may be accomplished using a damp cloth.
- Hang dry only. Avoid dryer to prolong the quality of your harness.
- If your harness has lights, the must be removed before washing, as they are electronic with batteries.
- If your dog likes to chew, do not leave the harness on your dog if they are unsupervised. Some dogs may chew through the material.
- Your harness will look great for many years with proper care.
How do I place an order?
It is very easy to place an order with Dog Performance Gear. Just select the items you would like, add them to your cart, and then use our secure checkout. If you would like to speak with us to place an order, go to our contact us page or send us an email at email@example.com.
*For Canadian and Mexican orders, please contact us via email.
Secure ordering & payment options
Dog Performance Gear accepts the following methods of payment:
- Credit Cards
- Apple Pay
- Shopify Payment.
* Shipping in the United States only.*
Once we receive your order, our shipping department will verifiy it's contents, and then dispatch your items to you via USPS. If you would like to use FedEx or UPS for expedited shipping, please send us an email with your contact details. Our shipping department will then contact you to arrange for your shipping preference.
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS!
Returns & refunds
If you are not satisfied with your dogperformancegear.com purchase, you can return the product for the purchase price (minus the shipping, handling, gift wrap and other charges) within 30 days of your purchase. The product(s) returned must be in like new condition and must be accompianied with your purchase receipt. Please send us an email telling us you would like to make a return, and we will gladly provide you with our shipping address. All shipping charges must be paid by the customer. COD deliveries will be returned to the customer.